Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sidway on 10/21/09


Todays learn and serve was a lot of fun! I not only got to work with my normal students but was able to work in a classroom with a whole class. Normally myself and the ESL teacher will pull aside certain students to help them but because there was an evacuation drill we decided yo keep them in their classrooms and helping them there.

The first classroom I was in today was a first grade class. In this class there are three students who we normally work with. I sat with one of the female students and helped her with her reading. She seemed to have some trouble with the past tense. So after leaving that classroom I asked my teacher different ways to help the student and she gave me the website, that I have linked for you, to read and see if that helps.

Another classroom I was in was a kindergarten class. In this class is a student that I have worked with closely. In their class they are learning to count in the "teens". I was quite surprised and excited to see how well she was doing. She was able to count along with her fellow students and was able to count alone. The last time I saw her she wouldn't even speak to me but today we had a full conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing students open up to me over time I know is really exciting so I know that must have made you excited that she opened up to you and actually talked. Good post but could use some pictures.

    ReplyDelete